воскресенье, 12 октября 2008 г.

clip moon music sailor




So, after one day at Source One Marketing Group, I am now aggressively and vigilantly hunting down... Another job. Itapos;s not bad, but this is commission. Very low commission, and honestly, I could make more waiting tables. But, Iapos;m not quitting yet. I get $360 the first week on top of commission. After that, itapos;s all commission. And considering the driving involved, well... Itapos;s just not going to work out. But, Iapos;ll quit when I have something. Right now, Iapos;m just using it so I can tell other potential employers that I have a job. Because it is always easier to find a job when you have one than not.

But it was a good day. A very good day. Did I make a sale? No. But I got to practice my people skills. Striking up conversations with random strangers, and oh god, did I ever need that. It was a very useful exercise and now I am much more comfortable with people. Going to keep it up.

I made a friend today also. Not one of my co-workers, but I struck up an interesting conversation with a woman today. She works in the business as an actress and a writer, and has connections. We talked for well over an hour, and weapos;re going to have coffee some time soon, discuss ideas, and maybe collaborate on a screenplay, and she might introduce me to her contacts also. This is my real career. So Iapos;m glad it happened. And before any of you start suggesting I should hook up with her, sheapos;s thirty years older than me. I like older women. A lot. But not that much. ;)

Also, on my way out and back home from the main office, I got called back because I left something there. At first it sucked, but Iapos;m glad it happened. On my way back out, I spotted a young woman loading the trunk of her car, and she had a Connecticut license plate. Guess what anti-social Greg did? He struck up a conversation. So we talked for a few minutes. She and I are in similar boats. I want to be in the film industry. She wants to be in the fashion industry. She knows people, so weapos;re going to talk on Monday, and get to know each other. I even did something I am usually too nervous to do and asked her name. Alice, btw. Very cute. Hey, networking is part of what I have to do. Not for this current and very temporary job. But for my overall career in film. I refuse to give up on it.

Tuesday, I have an appointment at a temp agency. I need a fixed salary.

Iapos;m coming out of my shell, and I am loving every minute of it.
clip moon music sailor, clip moon multimedia sailor video, clip moon movie sailor, clip monty python video, clip monty python sound.



Комментариев нет: